You can access the file directory of the memory card by using the device as a memory card reader. You can transfer pictures, music, videos and other files to and from your computer.
1. Insert a memory card into the device.
2. Using a USB cable, connect the multifunction jack on your device to a PC.
3. Open the notifications panel and select USB connected → Connect USB storage. The memory card appears as a Removable Disk on the PC.
4. Open the folder to view files.
5. Move or copy files between the PC and the memory card as required.
6. When you are finished, select Disconnect USB storage.
As for backing up your text messages, you may need a third party app which you can easily download from Google Play such as SMS Backup & Restore and SMS Backup +.
If you found my answer helpful, please click on the HELPFUL button so other people can find the answer easier. If it`s your first visit, please Join our community for free.