On the surface, the 8820 looks a lot like the 8800. But...looks can be deceiving young Skywalker. The 8820 sports Wifi and GPS, an addition that very much works in the 8820's favor. And now for your specs:
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- EDGE (sorry, no HSDPA)
- 114 x 66 x 14 mm, 134g
- Trackball navigation
- Qwerty keyboard
- 65K color, 320x240 pixel display
- Bluetooth v2.0 64mb Memory internal microsd external
- Mini usb data
- Blackberry email client, Yahoo messenger
- MP3 player, stereo headset jack with echo cancellation
- Stand-by time 520 hours, talk time 5 hours
The BlackBerry 8820 is lacking one thing...a camera. That's almost unheard of in most phones today but not so strange for BlackBerry who often leaves that feature out in an effort to please its corporate buyers. The WiFi should more than make up for it though!
The 8820 will be available June 18th and the pricing will go as so:
3yr $349 (special promo price)
Of course...if you're in the US, you've been able to score the 8820 on AT&T for almost a year now.