HTC has officially unveiled the GSM version of its first smartphone with a full HD display for the European and Asian markets. The HTC Butterfly boasts of a 5-inch screen with a 1080p resolution that results in an amazing 440ppi pixel density. The device also features a powerful quad-core Qualcomm processor, an 8MP rear camera that can take low light images, and a front camera that captures HD video.
What Else You Need To Know
- The HTC Butterfly is just the GSM variant of, and sports the same specs as, the J Butterfly released in Japan two months ago and the Droid DNA released for the USA Verizon network mid-November.
- The HTC Butterfly also sports 2GB of RAM, Corning Gorilla Glass 2 screen, 16 GB of internal storage, up to 32 GB of additional storage via a microSD card, beats audio integration, 28mm lens and F2.0 aperture for the rear camera, and a non-removable 2,020mAh battery.
- The new device, like the U.S. and Japan versions, is expected be powered by Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
HTC Butterfly is the international GSM version of the J Butterfly, with the exact same specs, including the disappointing battery.- James A., GSM Dome
- HTC Droid DNA, the new name for the J Butterfly on Verizon in USA
- Verizon Droid DNA by HTC now official - J Butterfly makes it out of Japan
- GSM Arena
- HTC Butterfly announced for the international market
- Tech Ticker
- HTC announces Butterfly smartphone for global market
- Fone Arena
HTC Butterfly announced for global markets
The Butterfly is equipped with a 8MP camera with a 28mm lens and F2.0 aperture which will help the BSI enabled sensor to take even better low light images
HTC Butterfly mobile phone with a 1080 HD screen announced for the UK
It near-enough matches the specifications of those other two devices, with its 5-inch full HD 1,920 x 1080 resolution display that is based on Corning Gorilla Glass 2.
- HTC Butterfly Is the International Version of DROID DNA – Official
- HTC Butterfly: in photos and on video
- Phone Arena
- HTC Butterfly is official – international GSM variant of the Droid DNA monsterphone
HTC Butterfly: Yet another variant of the J Butterfly launched
It started in Japan with the launch of the HTC J Butterfly before heading to the US as the Droid DNA, however there are still plenty of countries yet to get the phone, including the UK.
- HTC Butterfly image gallery (international version of Droid DNA, aka DLX)
- HTC Butterfly specs
- REVEALED: HTC to launch the International GSM/UMTS version of the Droid DNA as Butterfly
- GSM Dome
HTC Butterfly Officially Announced in International Version
HTC Butterfly is the international GSM version of the J Butterfly, with the exact same specs, including the disappointing battery.
- Daily Mobile
HTC Butterfly launched
The only certain thing is that the Butterfly will be released in China in mid-December and will cost 4,799 yuan ($771) without contract.
- Digital Trends
- HTC Butterfly announced, another version of the Droid DNA not headed to the UK
- HTC Butterfly announced
- Phones Review
- HTC Butterfly loses the J for worldwide release
- Geeky Gadgets
- International HTC Butterfly Get Official
- HTC Butterfly (Droid DNA global version) officially unveiled
- HTC Announces Butterfly, International Droid DNA
- Beta News
- HTC announces Butterfly -- 5-inch 1080p display and quad-core power
- GSM Droid DNA Now Called HTC Butterfly
- Mobile Magazine
- International HTC Deluxe to be Called HTC Butterfly Instead
- HTC announces HTC Butterfly, international version of DROID DNA
- HTC’s Butterfly Launch is Another Agonizing Tease
- HTC Butterfly Announced; Comes With 5 Inch Display, Android 4.1 OS
- Into Mobile
- HTC Butterfly officially official: Droid DNA for the international market