App Store customers in Europe now have a 14 day window within which to they can request a refund for apps and other content purchased from the iTunes Store.
What Else You Need To Know
- Rule change applies to purchases made by European Union consumers in the Mac App Store, iOS App Store, iBooks Store and iTunes Store.
- To receive a refund, buyers can either use Apple's online "Report a Problem" tool. Apple will process the refund in two weeks’ time after it receives the cancellation notice from the customer.
Apple device owners have always been slightly jealous of Android device owners, but only because, after they've purchased an app or game from Google Play Store, they could return it within two hours for a full refund.- Elyse Betters, Pocket Lint
Apple has a new return and refund policy, and it could spell trouble for app developers.- Steven Tweedie, Business Insider SAI: Tools
- Apple Insider
- Apple codifies 14-day refund policy for iTunes purchases in the EU
Apple Adds New 14-Day Return Policy for iTunes Digital Goods in EU Countries
Instituted across EU member states, the new terms provide consumers with 14 days to request a full refund of a purchase unless they deliberately choose to download the media and agree to forfeit their right to cancellation. Right of cancellation: If you choose to cancel your order, you may do so within 14 days from when you received your receipt without giving any reason, except iTunes Gifts which cannot be refunded once you have redeemed the code. ...To meet the cancellation deadline, you must send your communication of cancellation before the 14-day period has expired.Effects of cancellation: We will reimburse you no later than 14 days from the day on which we receive your cancellation notice.
- iPhone Hacks
- Apple introduces 14-day return policy in some EU countries for iTunes and App Store purchases
- Apple introduces 14-day iTunes refund policy in several European countries
- Everything iCafe
Apple’s App Store and iTunes Store Now Allow 14-Day Returns in Europe
The only exception are gift cards, which are not included.
- Business Insider SAI
Apple Now Allows European Customers Up To 14 Days To Return A Digital Purchase 'Without Giving Any Reason,' And That Could Spell Trouble For App Developers
It looks like Apple is complying with a recent consumer rights directive specific to Europe that requires a "14-day right or withdrawal period" for goods and service sold in the EU.
- iPhone Download Blog
- Apple puts into effect 14-day return policy on digital purchases in Europe
- Apple updates return policy in several EU countries
- Dialed In
- Apple now offers 14-day App Store, iTunes refunds in Europe
- Digital Trends
- Apple grants Europeans 14-day refund window for iTunes and App Store purchases
- iPhone In Canada Blog
- Apple Adds New 14-Day Return Policy for Digital Goods in EU Countries
- Ars Technica
- Apple offers EU customers 14-day money-back returns on e-purchases
- Fone Arena
- Apple offers 14 day refund for iTunes purchases in Europe
- Phones Review
- Apple offers return policy for digital items purchased in the EU
- Apple just gave Europeans the App Store feature we’ve all been clamoring for
- Apple Announces No Questions Asked 14-Day Refunds on App Store, iTunes in EU
- iPhone Heat
- Apple offers 14-day return policy for iTunes and App Store purchases in Europe
- Apple offers two week window for iTunes refunds... in Europe
- Apple now lets EU customers return music, movies, and apps for two weeks after purchase
- Apple now offers 14-day App Store refunds in the UK: Here's how it works