I want to store new apps in my star pro to my external sd card by default. Please help?
I've done this and it worked. however I changed my sd card from 2Gb to 4Gb and now it will not work anymore.
I've redone the steps above and, got confirmation that [external] memory is being used, however when I want to install a new app I get the same error message "not enough space"
Here are the steps for your phone to automatically install apps to your external memory.
1. Android Phone
2. a micro usb cable
3. a computer
Step 1: Getting Ready to Change Installation Location
1. Get the Google Android SDK
- Unzip the file and place the folder onto your desktop or anywhere that can be easily accessed.
- find the platform tools folder (default, it should be : adt-bundle/sdk)
2. Find cmd/terminal (for mac)
- (for mac users) go to [System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Services]
and then check the box [New Terminal At Folder]
3. Go onto your Android phone and select USB debugging
- Go to [System settings > Developer Options] and select USB Debugging (if the option is grayed out, unplug your phone first)
Step 2: Using adb
- Open the folder called " platform-tools"
- shift+right-click anywhere inside the folder and choose [Open Command Window Here]
- right-click the folder called "platform-tools" and choose [New Terminal At Folder]
2. Enter in the following
For Windows :
adb shell pm set-install-location 2
adb shell pm get-install-location
For Mac : (note - there is a period before the slashes)
./adb shell pm set-install-location 2
./adb shell pm get-install-location
3. Check if you did it right
- if you did it right, the last output should say: 2 [external]
If you did it right, CONGRATS! Your phone will now install your apps to your SD Card by default! Have fun now! source