He is using vodafone (India) network which is also available in canada. Some of his friends having vodafone they can access the network. So please suggest the way that he can to do so. thanking you.
The person needs to activate roaming on his device. Here are the steps:
1. Log into your account at myvodafone.com.au or through the My Vodafone app (Android and iOS).
Note: The My Vodafone website and app will auto log you in when you're connected to the internet through Vodafone. If you're trying to set up roaming on a different account, try this link instead
2. Click 'Account Settings'.
- If you’re using the My Vodafone app or your phone’s web browser, tap the menu button in the top left or right corner of the page and then tap ‘Account settings’
- If you’re using your computer or tablet’s web browser, you’ll see an ‘Account settings’ link in the menu at the top of the page
3. Click 'International Roaming' which sits below the 'Service' heading.
4. If you’ve got more than one service on your account, you’ll need to enter your 4 digit account enquiry PIN and click ‘Next’.
5. If the international roaming switch is off, slide it to the right or click it so it's on (indicated below in green). source