My old phone is a straight-talk Nokia E71 phone to my new straight-talk Samsung Galaxy
Yes Greg, certainly. There's an easy way to do it that requires the use of a microSD card. Here's what you need to do.
First, get your Nokia E71 and make sure that it has a microSD card inside it. Then:
1. Open up Contacts, choose Options > Mark/Unmark > Mark all
2. Choose Options again, then Copy > To Memory Card
3. If you see the message, "Remove existing contacts from memory card?", choose Yes
4. The contacts on your Nokia E71 will be saved onto the microSD card individually as [contact-name].vcf files
5. Find and copy all these .vcf files under /sdcard/Other/Contact/ after you plug in your phone to a computer via USB and choose to use it as Mass Storage
And now you can transfer the contacts to your new Samsung Galaxy phone. First, make sure that your microSD card has been inserted in it this time. And then:
1. Connect your phone to a computer via USB and choose USB Storage
2. Copy all the .vcf files from earlier to the root directory of the microSD card (this would be the top file folder)
3. Disable USB storage and disconnect your phone from the computer
4. Go to People > Menu > Import/export > SD card then choose Next
5. Under COPY CONTACTS TO, select phone and choose Next
Your phone will then start searching for the .vcf files in your microSD card and initiate copying all of them.
Let us know if this works!