Note: We may earn commissions (at no cost to you) if you buy through links on our site. Learn more.

Can I take my Virgin Mobile number with me to SaskTel?

Take virgin mobile number with me to sasktel?

You can bring your home or cell phone number from another service provider to SaskTel. With Wireless Number Portability (WNP), you own your phone number. 

Before you can transfer your phone number to SaskTel, make sure:

  • Your wireless or landline service is active with the other service provider (in other words, don't cancel the service before moving the phone number to SaskTel)
  • SaskTel has service in your area
  • The phone number you want to keep is local to where your SaskTel service will be (that is, the first 3 digits of your 7-digit phone number must belong to the service area you want; for example, you can't port a Weyburn 842 number to a Regina-based phone)
  • You have a recent bill for the number you want to bring over
  • WNP is available in your area:

If you live in one of these places, you can keep your number when you switch service providers:

  • Aberdeen*
  • Asquith*
  • Balgonie*
  • Canora
  • Dalmeny*
  • Davidson
  • Delisle*
  • Dundurn
  • Esterhazy
  • Estevan
  • Foam Lake
  • Gull Lake
  • Indian Head
  • Kamsack
  • Kindersley
  • Langham*
  • Lanigan
  • Lloydminster
  • Lumsden
  • Maple Creek
  • Melville
  • Moose Jaw
  • Moosomin
  • North Battleford
  • Pense
  • Prince Albert
  • Regina
  • Regina Beach *
  • Riceton*
  • Rosetown
  • Rosthern
  • Rouleau*
  • Saskatoon
  • Swift Current
  • Vonda*
  • Weyburn
  • Wilcox*
  • Wynyard
  • Yorkton

*These places don't have their own wireless NXX (the first 3 digits of a 7-digit phone number); they get a wireless NXX from Regina or Saskatoon instead.

To bring your number to a SaskTel, visit a SaskTel store or Authorized dealer, please take a copy of a recent bill with you.

After transferring your phone number, you can cancel the service with the other service provider.

NOTE: Your old service provider may charge you a fee to cancel their service.


Not the answer you were looking for?