Samsung has started rolling out a new set of exclusive software enhancements to users of the Galaxy S III as part of a package it calls Samsung Premium Suite. It introduces a number of useful software tweaks that includes the much-vaunted multi-window feature to allow users true multi-tasking by letting them run two apps on the screen at the same time. It also adds contextual tagging to photos and a new feature called Page Buddy which tries to predict what a user will do next based on the most recently performed actions.
What Else You Need To Know
- Samsung's multi-window feature on Android is one of the biggest highlights of the Android-powered Galaxy Note II.
- Samsung Premium Suite includes other nifty add-ons like a Facebook news ticker for the lockscreen,
In the event that you’re still rocking some slightly older Samsung hardware, you can still join in the fun… sort of. The split-screen multitasking feature was just recently cajoled to run on the Galaxy S II, and it only requires a passing knowledge of Android hackery to implement.- Chris Velazco, Mobile Crunch
Samsung begins Premium Suite rollout for Galaxy S III
Starting with international editions of the handset and mimicking its recent update for the Note 10.1, Samsung will be adding something called the Premium Suite Upgrade.
Samsung Galaxy S3 premium suite update caught on video
This is a set of applications for the flagship handset that adds extra features, which weren’t available on the shipping device.
- Pocket Lint
Samsung Galaxy S3 Premium Suite brings multi-window and Facebook on the lock screen
Users who have upgraded to Jelly Bean on the phone should shortly be getting the Samsung Premium Suite with a bevy of enhancements.
- The Verge
- Samsung bringing split-screen mode to Galaxy S III with Premium Suite upgrade
- Samsung Galaxy S III Premium Suite upgrade shown off on video
- Digital Trends
Samsung to add new features to the Galaxy S3 with its Premium Suite update
Samsung has released a video showing a series of new features to be added to the Galaxy S3 smartphone. They will form part of the Premium Suite, which will be added when the phone is updated to Android 4.1.2 in the near future.
Samsung Shows Off “Premium Suite Upgrade, Part 1″ For Galaxy S III
Thanks to a new video on Samsung’s Global Tomorrow website, we’re getting an early preview of exactly what Samsung has in mind for the future of their flagship smartphone.
- Mobile Burn
Samsung Galaxy S III Premium Suite coming soon, shown early on video
Samsung has announced that it will deliver a Premium Suite update to the Galaxy S III that adds new features first seen on the Galaxy Note II.
- Mobile Syrup
- Samsung details Premium Suite content coming to Galaxy S III (video)
- Samsung Galaxy SIII Premium Suite Detailed In Video (Part 1)
- Mobile Crunch
- Samsung’s New Premium Suite Update Brings Split-Screen Multitasking To The Galaxy S III
- The Inquirer
- Samsung Galaxy S3 gets a Premium Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update
- Phone Scoop
Samsung Details Premium Suite for Galaxy S III
Samsung today provided information about a software update for the Galaxy S III. The Premium Suite is an add-on that includes a handful of new features such as a split-screen mode similar to the one on the Galaxy Note II.
- Samsung Galaxy S III to get Galaxy Note II features like split-screen apps in new ‘Premium Suite’ update [video]
- Samsung Galaxy S III Gets Premium Suite Upgrade
- Android Community
- Samsung Galaxy S III gets Jelly Bean 4.1.2 “Premium Suite” update
- Dialed In
- Samsung's Galaxy S3 to get Premium Suite Upgrade
- Samsung adds Multi-Window and Premium Features to the Galaxy S3 4.1 update
- Into Mobile
- Video: Samsung Galaxy S III Premium Suite Upgrade
- 'Premium Suite' Packs Still More Features Into Samsung's Galaxy S III
- Hot Cellular Phone
- Samsung Details Premium Suite for Galaxy S III