Sony Mobile didn't unveil a new device at the MWC but, according to the rumor mill, the Japanese device maker is working on a new flagship device, codenamed Sony C670X. Succeeding the Xperia Z (C660X), the C670X will have a smaller, higher-density screen and offer an increase in processing power. Specifically, the device would have a 4.8-inch 1080p Full HD touchscreen, a 1.8 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor with Adreno 320 graphics, a 13 MP Exmor RS camera, 2 GB of RAM, and 32 GB of internal storage, according to alleged leaked specs. The tipster, who also provided a stock image or render, said the new phone will hit shelves in the middle of the year with Android 4. 2 Jelly Bean on board.
What Else You Need To Know
- Sony unveiled early this year the 4-core chip-powered and waterproof 10.1-inch Xperia Tablet Z, as well as the top-end 5-inch Xperia Z and ZL smartphones, as part of its bid to revitalize its mobile electronics business.
If true, this new handset would be pretty much on par with HTC’s flagship One smartphone, which has a 1.7GHz Snapdragon 600 chipset, and an Adreno 320 GPU.- Darrell Etherington, Mobile Crunch
- Sony Xperia C670X with Android 4.2 and 1.8GHz Snapdragon 600 CPU Coming Soon
- GSM Arena
- Sony Xperia C670X to pack a 4.8in 1080p screen, Snapdragon 600?
- Android Authority
- Sony C670X leaks, new Xperia Z brother: 4.8-inch display, Snapdragon 600, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Know Your Mobile
- Sony Xperia C670X will take on HTC One
- Phones Review
- Sony Xperia C670X HTC One rival possibly on way
- Unwired View
- Sony C670X in the works for mid-year release, comes with 4.8″ Full HD screen, Snapdragon 600 CPU
- Mobile Crunch
- Sony Xperia C670X Specs Leak, Suggesting A New Android Flagship To Take On The HTC One
- Sony’s Xperia C670X flagship gets specced, features 1.8GHz Snapdragon 600
- Phone Arena
- Sony Xperia C670X coming this summer with a 4.8-inch Full HD screen, Snapdragon 600?
- Android Community
- Sony Xperia C670X spec leak shows Jelly Bean and a 1080p 4.8-inch display
- Android Guys
- Sony C670X Leaked with 4.8″ display and Snapdragon 600
- Sony C670X rumored with 4.8-inch 1080p display, Snapdragon 600 CPU and Android 4.2
- Sony 4.8-Inch 1080p C670X Rumored for This Summer