The 10 Commandments of cell phone etiquette
Dan Briody from InfoWorld says he's "reached the point with cell phones where I feel the need to lay down the law."
Here's his 10 Commandments of cell phone etiquette.
1. Thou shalt not subject defenseless others to cell phone conversations.
2. Thou shalt not set thy ringer to play La Cucaracha every time thy phone rings.
3. Thou shalt turn thy cell phone off during public performances.
4. Thou shalt not wear more than two wireless devices on thy belt.
5. Thou shalt not dial while driving. In all seriousness, this madness has to stop.
6. Thou shalt not wear thy earpiece when thou art not on thy phone.
7. Thou shalt not speak louder on thy cell phone than thou would on any other phone.
8. Thou shalt not grow too attached to thy cell phone.
9. Thou shalt not attempt to impress with thy cell phone.
10. Thou shalt not slam thy cell phone down on a restaurant table just in case it rings.
More at InfoWorld.
People should be maimed for having really stupid ringtones tbh...same goes for leaving the device on during the cinema...though that doesn't happen much nowadays due to the pre-movie warning adverts.Not dialling whilst driving should be common sense.....though nothing wrong with loving your phone and showing it off if it's flashy...and sometimes it's harder to hear things on your phone so you tend to speak louder.
One thing I'd like to add to these commandments is "thou shalt not immediately cut off conversations with people in front of you to have the exact same conversation with someone who has called you and then procede to ignore the person you were talking to." I've had this happen to me a couple of times and it drives me up the wall. There needs to be better defined etiquette for cell phone use.
Thou shall not use cell phone in the church and in lecture hall.
AND my pet peeve '' thou shall not leave the cell phone in thy purse where thou cannot hear thy phone, for other people may be trying to get a hold of thou!"
Don't forget; "Thou shalt turn off thy cell phone while on the airplane. As thy cell phones signal may interfere with airplane equipment!"
Hahahaha....these are great commandments. How do we go about implementing them though?
Thou shalt not use thy cellphone in an elevator wherein I ride. Otherwise thou shalt find your cellphone holstered in thy rectum.
I tried to share on Facebook but the link wasn't found.
Great "rules" though ... I agree 100%!
never use cellphone if you are driving it cause of accident..!