BlackBerry Bold 9700 gets announced by Rogers, $299.99 (3-yr contract)h
Hot off the heels of Bell’s announcement confirming the newest BlackBerry Bold, Rogers has announced the 9700 as part of their line-up.
Given that they were the first to introduce the BlackBerry Bold series to Canadians, it doesn’t come as a surprise that they’ll also be introducing RIM’s latest Bold.
Similar to the other new RIM offering from Rogers like the BlackBerry Curve 8520, the Rogers BlackBerry Bold 9700 also boasts an optical trackpad and comes loaded with the urMusic app. It will be bundled with a 2GB microSD card which will be very useful since the Bold 9700 packs a measly 256MB flash memory.
Rogers will be releasing the BlackBerry Bold 9700 in the coming weeks and will retail it for $299.99 on a 3-year contract with a voice and data plan of at least $45/month.
Rogers Introduces the New BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone
Newest 3G BlackBerry smartphone will arrive at Rogers in the coming weeks
TORONTO, Oct. 21 /CNW/ - Rogers Wireless today announced that it will be offering the BlackBerry(R) Bold(TM) 9700, the latest 3G smartphone from Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM), in the coming weeks.
Running on Canada's most reliable network, the BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone offers top-of-the-line performance, functionality and features with support for 3G HSDPA networks around the world, a next-generation (624 MHz) processor, 256 MB Flash memory, built-in GPS and Wi-Fi(R), 3.2MP camera and sharp, dazzling display. Cutting edge engineering and premium finishes extend to the exterior of the handset as well. The new model integrates a touch-sensitive trackpad and the highly tactile, distinctive, fretted keyboard found in RIM's premium full-QWERTY handsets. Chrome highlights and a leatherette back add to the new smartphone's sleek and elegant look, while the narrow profile, balanced weight and soft-touch frame allow it to sit comfortably in one hand.
"The BlackBerry Bold 9700 is certainly a sight to behold," said John Boynton, Executive Vice President, Marketing, Rogers Communications. "Rogers is pleased to add this stylish, high performing device to our lineup of leading-edge smartphones, just in time for the holiday season."
"The new BlackBerry Bold 9700 delivers state-of-the-art features and performance in a compact and beautifully designed handset," said Don Morrison, Chief Operating Officer at Research In Motion. "This sleek and powerful 3G smartphone offers an incredibly refined mobile experience that is ideal for both personal and professional use."
Features of the BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone from Rogers include:
- Sleek design measuring 109 mm x 60 mm x 14.1 mm and weighing only 122 grams
- Sharp and dazzling 2.44" light-sensing display (480 x 360 resolution at 245 ppi)
- Highly tactile, full QWERTY keyboard - with finely sculpted keys and chrome frets - for fast, accurate typing
- Innovative touch-sensitive trackpad that allows intuitive and responsive navigation
- Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
- Access to applications including TeleNav GPS Navigator, SalesNOW
Mobile Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Momentem Time and
Expense Tracker, and the unique to Rogers Name Display and WhoCalled
- BlackBerry(R) Internet Service and BlackBerry(R) Enterprise Server
support, with customers having dedicated access to Rogers 24/7
technical support in Canada and worldwide
- Access to Tier 2 Enterprise Support Centre for Rogers BlackBerry
Enterprise Server customers
- Access to the Rogers urMusic application, which allows users to
sideload music for free and discover, browse and download songs.
urMusic also gives access to the best LiveNation(R) concerts with
Wireless Box Office(TM), a mobile ticketing service where Rogers pays
the service charges
- 3.2 MP camera with variable zoom, autofocus, flash and video recording
- Built-in GPS for maps and other location-based applications, as well as photo geotagging
- 256 MB of Flash memory
- microSD/SDHD memory card slot that supports up to 16 GB cards today and is expected to support 32 GB cards when available; a 2GB card is included
- Media player for videos, pictures and music, plus support for
BlackBerry Desktop Manager for both PCs and Macs, and BlackBerry(R)
Media Sync for easily syncing iTunes(R) and Windows Media(R) Player
music with the smartphone*
- A 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, dedicated volume controls, Lock and
Mute keys seamlessly integrated across the top of the handset
- Access to BlackBerry App World(TM), featuring a broad and growing
catalog of mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry
smartphones. Categories include games, entertainment, IM and social
networking, news, weather, productivity and more.
- Premium and easy-to-access phone features, background noise
suppression technology and high quality speakerphone
- Bluetooth(R) (2.1) with support for Secure Simple Pairing, hands-free
headsets, stereo headsets, car kits and other Bluetooth peripherals
- HSDPA and quad-band EDGE support for global roaming
- BlackBerry(R) OS 5.0, offering users email management and calendar
enhancements(xx) as well as a better browsing experience with faster
- BlackBerry(R) Internet Service and BlackBerry(R) Enterprise Server support
- Removable, rechargeable 1500 mAhr battery that provides approximately
6 hours of talk time and 17 days of standby time in 3G mode
Pricing & Availability
The new BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone will be available from Rogers in the coming weeks for $299.99 on a three-year voice and data activation with a minimum monthly service plan of $45.
* Certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies.
(xx) Some features require BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0